Sales Team Manager – Wichita, KS
MASSCO specializes in the marketing and distribution of facility supplies, including janitorial, packaging, industrial, maintenance and office supplies. With over 35 years in the industry we have produced a solid history of sales growth that has allowed us to expand our operations to the Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma markets. We are looking for a driven and motivated Sales Manager to continue our success in growing our business and expanding our sales team in Wichita, KS and the surrounding areas.
MASSCO’s Sales Manager is responsible for the development and performance of the sales department. A key function of this position is building a sales team through the hiring, training and motivation of Sales Consultants. The Sales Manager provides overall leadership, focus, direction and support for the Sales department
- Responsible for the overall performance of Sales Consultants and the Sales Department.
- Work with General Manager, department managers and corporate staff to develop sales and operational plans for the branch.
- Work with HR department to recruit, test, interview and hire Sales Consultants based on proven success criteria and best hiring practices.
- Responsible for the training & development of sales personnel.
- Develop business plans, sales strategies and territory management processes with Sales Consultants to ensure attainment of company sales and profitability goals.
- Responsible for management of the company’s CRM System (TDF).
- Assists Sales Consultants in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews with Sales Consultants to foster effective communication, to understand training and development needs for the improvement of Sales Consultants’ overall performance.
- Conduct regular coaching, role playing & training sessions with Sales Consultants to perfect the MASSCO SEL sales process.
- Work routinely in the field with Sales Consultants to monitor, through direct observation, their development of sales skills, product knowledge and CRM tool proficiency/utilization.
- Manage and support company sales and marketing programs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers at the local level.
- Plan and facilitate supplier sales meetings on product training, programs and procedures.
- Perform quarterly supplier pipeline collaboration meetings with core suppliers.
- Maintain high level relationships with key clients in the market area to ensure client retention and satisfaction.
- Assist Sales Consultants in developing and executing regular training and added value programs for end user clients.
Must be adept with computers and Microsoft Office. Must have excellent leadership, coaching, sales process and communication skills. Experience with CRM utilization and management.
Education or other requirements:
Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years sales experience required. Prior experience in managing a sales team is also required. Prior industry sales experience is highly desired.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Company vehicle, Laptop, iPad, cell phone, and expense reimbursement
- Employee discounts
This is a salaried-exempt position with a starting salary of $70-90K depending on experience and qualifications. Qualified applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com. MASSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.